Pearson India launches new editions of
‘CAT Preparatory Series’ for B-school aspirants in India for 2016
• A trusted resource and highly-relevant preparatory material on
‘Quantitative Aptitude,’ ‘Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension,’ ‘Logical Reasoning’ and ‘Data Interpretation.’
• Authored by renowned subject matter expert – Nishit K. Sinha
Hyderabad, October 25, 2016: Pearson India, the world’s leading learning organization, today launched their most awaited CAT (Common Admission Text) Preparatory Series for 2016 aspirants in all over India. These new editions are modeled as per the latest CAT pattern and have been authored by renowned subject matter expert and author, Nishit K Sinha. These iconic book series are running in their fourth and fifth-year editions. The series include key subjects of CAT in three separate books:
1. Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT, 4e: An established best-seller, it helps prepare students for the most challenging section of the major B-School entrance examinations, such as CAT, SNAP, XAT, and IIFT. Divided into five modules, this book is designed to enhance students’ thought process, provide clarity on the major concepts and help build a strong foundation on the subject. Priced at Rs. 725, it discusses key subjects in great detail, aided by concept explanations, tips, and thorough analysis.
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT, 3e: Priced at Rs. 550, this book is a one-stop solution for all aspirants preparing for the verbal and reading comprehension section of CAT and other key examinations like XAT, SNAP, and IIFT. Presented in crisp, clear and comprehensive manner, it covers new topics and exercises as per the recent pattern of CAT including ‘NONMCQ’ based questions.
Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT, 5e: This book over the years has proved to be a great architect in shaping student’s ability to master Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT examination. Priced at Rs. 599, the fifth edition covers all the fundamental and advanced topics, supported by an ample number of worked out examples, case lets, and exercises. It also provides clarity and knowledge of the concepts and questions that are asked in various MBA entrance examinations such as XAT, SNAP, IIFT, IRMA, MAT, NMAT, etc.
Also available in the series:
Number System for the CAT, 2e: This book helps aspirants build a foundation in Number System. Priced at Rs. 250, it provides an exhaustive collection of problems for practice for CAT, XAT, SNAP, IIFT and GMAT.
Data Interpretation – Practice Book for the CAT: Priced at Rs. 200, the book provides a wide variety of questions catering to different difficulty levels to tests a student’s observation, interpretation and calculation skills while solving case lets for Data Interpretation.
Highlights of the series:
• Free five simulated CAT online tests in each CD
• Over 10,000 fully solved questions
• Seven year’s fully solved CAT papers
• Model Papers based on XAT, SNAP, and IIFT
• New Sectional Tests in all the books
• Updated as per latest pattern
• Macro analysis of CAT exam as“ CAT demystified.”
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Vikas Singh, Vice-President & Business Head, Pearson India, said, “CAT examination is amongst the most competitive exams, and also a significant milestone for management students across the country. Pearson, being the world’s largest learning organization, is well placed to provide high-quality preparatory content, along with helping build an in-depth conceptual understanding for our students.”
Pearson is the world’s leading Education Company, present in over 70 countries and educating more than 150 million people worldwide. Pearson in India provides educational content, materials, technologies, assessments and related services to institutions, educators, and learners of all ages. Pearson in India has diverse offerings across school, higher and professional education.